|Type of Project
||Painting and Scaffolding Works for Lake Como Bridge, NSW
||Lake Como, NSW
|Scope of Work
This former Railway Bridge spans the George’s river and connects the southern suburbs of Como (to the south) and Oatley (to the north) that lie on either side of the river. This steel truss bridge was opened in 1885 and once carried a single track on the main line from Sydney to Port Kembla. In 1972 it was closed and replaced by an adjacent new double track bridge. A well maintained black top carriageway has been installed on the old bridge providing an excellent walking and cycling route for recreational use.